Dense Breasts Canada (DBC) is a non profit organization made up of breast cancer survivors and health care professionals dedicated to raising awareness about the risks associated with dense breasts.
For more info visit http://www.densebreastscanada.ca
Some of our members will be attending the 8th Annual Bras Around The Building Event, organized by Energy 99.7 and Country 105, in partnership with Merrett Home Hardware Building Centre. With help from Peterborough Fire Services, collected bras will be strung together around the exterior of the Energy 99.7/Country 105 building located at 59 George St North in Peterborough, as a symbol of support for women battling breast cancer, to honour survivors and to remember those who have lost their battle.
Three of our Survivors Abreast members at the 2017 event
Residents of Peterborough and the Kawarthas were encouraged to donate their gently used bras. For every bra collected, Merrett Home Hardware Building Centre will make a $1 donation, with proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society to support breast cancer research and cancer services.
Thank you to the following for being drop off locations:
- Energy 99.7/Country 105 (59 George St. N., Peterborough),
- Merrett Home Hardware Building Centre (1460 Lansdowne St, Peterborough)
- My Left Breast (203 Simcoe Street),
- The Co-operators on Milroy Drive,
- The Canadian Cancer Society of Peterborough & District (750 The Kingsway, Unit 2, Peterborough).